The Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Impressions?

5 posters

Go down

First Impressions? Empty First Impressions?

Post by DRO83RD Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:02 pm

Lets hear your guys first impressions of the beta so far.

Heres my Cons:
I'm not too happy with my first experience. It took me 4 tries to connect to their servers before it actually went through.
When I got in, the weapon loadout screen seems really slow to load the next weapon.
Character custimization seems like it has less than what I originally thought.
It took about 5 min, once I found a game, to actually join and play. And yes it was an official server, not a player hosted one.
Once I got it, the game was super laggy.
The aiming system is way off. My first kill I scored a headshot, but the next guy i go up against, I couldnt drop at all.
Even though its 2008, and internet gaming has been around for some time now, it seems like there are more users WITHOUT headsets, then those with.
Only one map at the moment.

Pros:
There are a ton of people playing right now, so its nearly impossible to say there isnt a single game to play.
The sound of gun fire in the distance is beautiful.
Rumble seems stronger on the DS3 than the DS2.
What little custom shit there is, it is actually impressive.
The maps do look good, but could be better for a next gen system.

Im sure theres more pros and cons, but I just based this off my first play through. Im sure Red's firing up his torch to flame me, but even he cant deny those cons. Overall, Im not too impressed, maybe I expected way too much. Which is probably the reason why I told Murph and 5m0ke not to tell me anything about it, so I would have too high expectations, but its still SOCOM.
DRO83RD
DRO83RD

Back to top Go down

First Impressions? Empty Re: First Impressions?

Post by redsmoke Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Evil or Very Mad
I CANT BELIEVE YOU! lol
Well here is your problem dro, you cant aim lol if you zoom in it doesnt go into 1st person but a very zoomed 3rd person over the shoulder where you guy walks very slow with his gun aimed. If you stay in this zoomed state i have seen my bullets right on target every time. Of course that is with no scope on the gun.
Yes i have to agree the servers are super laggy but that was going to be expected the first day. Now im having a problem getting past the user agreement today which is not good. But remember this is the beta they are looking for all this garbage now so it doesn't happen later. And when I was able to get on earlier in the day community features where all there, weapons stuff wasn't as slow, and you do get some more customization options for looks and guns when you join a clan.
Overall the game play is amazing. Right now as long as your staying in a small game 4v4 maxish I haven't seen any lag, and this game pushes team work unlike anything else I have ever played. It feels like im playing woodsball on a game, literally need my guys behind me watching my back. It's just amazing
redsmoke
redsmoke

http://www.ubpaintball.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DRO83RD Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Well that may explain why the aiming system seemed weird to me. I will have to admit that the recoil is way more realistic, and yes I can say that because I have gone to a range before! I havnt fired an AT-4, but the hand guns do react well.

Open Betas are pretty much the final product. Closed betas are where the game should look crappy. If anything this is just S6's stress test on the servers. Im willing to bet that with some sort of game install, from the final product, will cut down big time on what was horrible loading times.

Its also gonna take me a while to get use to the proximity chat. I heard you, 13th, and Murph talking, but I had no idea where you guys were at. Then again 8 guys in a 32 map isnt always the most fun.
DRO83RD
DRO83RD

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultimate-Sniper Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:27 am

I didnt get to play yet (*Cry*) But from what Ive heard it was a flop to a lot of folks...just my opinion
Ultimate-Sniper
Ultimate-Sniper

Back to top Go down

Post by DRO83RD Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:53 am

Ultimate-Sniper wrote:I didnt get to play yet (*Cry*) But from what Ive heard it was a flop to a lot of folks...just my opinion
Actually I would have to say its far from a flop. I cant say its the greatest game ever but it is still in beta phase. Most of my qualms with it can easily be fixed before the game launches.
DRO83RD
DRO83RD

Back to top Go down

Post by 13th.Warrior.. Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:49 pm

IIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE SOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM CONFRONTATION IT IS AWSOME I GOT MORE THAN WHAT I EXPECTED THE ONLY THING THAT IS A LITTLE OF IS THE SCARS WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
13th.Warrior..
13th.Warrior..

http://www.myspace.com/ryans711

Back to top Go down

First Impressions? Empty 13 Disban the clan

Post by murphdawg Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 pm

13 you need to disban the clan on Confrontation,several of us after accepting the clan invite our games froze and then when we tried to get back on the screen would go black after accepting the user agreement.

murphdawg

Back to top Go down

Post by 13th.Warrior.. Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:43 pm

nomurph i cant even log in on that name evryone has to make a new name
13th.Warrior..
13th.Warrior..

http://www.myspace.com/ryans711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum