The Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob Introduction

2 posters

Go down

Noob Introduction Empty Noob Introduction

Post by TheGunDoctor Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:25 am

Hello all,

1st I'd like to thank you smoke for letting me join the clan. I'm very new to the whole online play and I really suck at the run and gun type tactics. I haven't played much and I'm still learning the maps and figuring out where to position myself to best help the team. With that being said I have no problem switching to a Medium Machine Gun (M60) and supporting the squad that way as well.

As for personal background, I served in the Marine Corps for 14 years. 4 yrs as a basic rifleman, 2 yrs as a Heavy Machine Gunner (.50 Cal and MRK-19) and 8 yrs as Weapons repair (aka The Gun Doctor). I've been all around the world to include real life hotspots of Somalia in '94 directly after the Blackhawk incident and Iraq/Kuwait for the kick off of the currant war.

I look forward to playing with you all and I just ask for a little patience with me as I continue to grow and learn how to play the game.

Semper Fi

TheGunDoctor

Back to top Go down

Noob Introduction Empty Re: Noob Introduction

Post by wolfman Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:00 am

Hey Gun Doctor, do you mind if I simply refer to you as Doc? I don't mind that you're just learning the game. After all, this Socom is a bit different from the others that I've played. This game requires teamwork to be successful. I thought that I would add also that I kinda suck at the whole run n gun thing. I'm much better when it comes to having a certain objective within the framework of the squad.

After joining and playing with this clan, I've found it hard and almost aggravating to play with anyone else. The game isn't the same without people you know you can rely on to watch your back and cover those corners while your returning the favor. I think you'll be glad you chose the Warriors.
wolfman
wolfman

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGunDoctor Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:41 pm

To be honest I was about to cut my losses and toss the game out due to all the individualism that I was running into. My last attempt was to try out for a team and see if it was any better. I stumbled upon the WAR tryouts and smoke was actually getting ready to stop the tryouts for the day, but thank God he stuck around for just a little while longer to give me a shot.

Later that night we played some and I got a good chance to see the teamwork and communication between the unit. I was really impressed then and the more I play with everyone the more grateful I am to see a group of people that have the mindset to work as a team. I almost feel like I’m back in the military.

It doesn’t matter to me what you call me, I’m used to answering to Gun Doc, Doc, and GD. I have a little hesitation with “Gun” due to seeing a lot of people with that in their name, but if people start to call me by that I’ll get used to it.

TheGunDoctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum