The Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site suggestion...

4 posters

Go down

Site suggestion... Empty Site suggestion...

Post by Just Satch Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:40 pm

So since the forum seems like it will play a big role on this site, I think there should be a (visible) link to it on the home page. Having it under the links makes sense and at the same time it doesn't. It is obviously a link that takes you to a sub-section of the site. Then again, I wouldn't automatically think to look for it under links - but since I was determined to find it and nothing else is really live yet I managed just fine.

Even if it's just in the footer with the other links for now, just something quick. I will admit, this request is partly a selfish one. I'm kinda lazy when it comes to surfing websites... I'm from the broadband generation, I want my information NOW NOW NOW! Sure it's easy enough for me to just bookmark the forum, but I don't want to miss any important news that might be on the actual clan site. But it's also a general concern for the clan as well. Since we're adding the web address to our bios (at least on 360) I figure that means we're advertising - we gotta make it as easy and inviting as possible. There should be no "digging" involved for someone who is interested! Know what I mean?

If no one agrees with me, I'll just shut up, but I just don't think it's a good idea to "hide" the forum.

-Satch-
Just Satch
Just Satch

Back to top Go down

Site suggestion... Empty Re: Site suggestion...

Post by ejortten@gmail.com Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:58 pm

I think it's a good idea. The site is coming along well, but there's certainly some things that need some touching up, and that's one of them. If someone decides they want to check out this clan's site, they might want to be able to get in touch with people from it right away. Like Satch said, if they don't see a forum right up there on the main page, they're probably just not going to bother.

Being a graphic designer, I'm also very picky when it comes to typos on graphic presentations, so running through and fixing those up would be an additional suggestion of mine!

Great job so far, though, guys. Smile

ejortten@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redsmoke Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:40 pm

your a graphic designer I love you
Anything u can do to help with the site would be nice I'm trying to get a rough copy up know and touch up later, but engineering doesn't leave much time to mess around with this shit all the time especially when you have another site for a club your in charge of at school pale Any errors you guys find in the site let me know right away email will be fastest. You can send them to csbarone@buffalo.edu
Also any ideas are nice too the forum link on the home page thats not problem it'll be up before you guys even read this Laughing
Anything you guys can think of that only our members should be able to see let me know too. Once i get the fast copy of the site up and I start working on touch ups the first thing i will be doing is making the sign up for the site only available to members of the WAR clan. So you would need a leader to pre-enter you name in an area only leaders can see before you will be able to register. This should cut down on other people trying to see any pregame plans we have drawn up on a white board or just crap we don't want non warriors to view.
Last thing if you guys good pictures of maps in the games send them. I'm talking copies like this... Socom Map so we can draw up plans for people to see. Again some stuff might be slow on getting up so if anyone know anything about graphics or websites I can use all the help i can get.
redsmoke
redsmoke

http://www.ubpaintball.com

Back to top Go down

Site suggestion... Empty umm... a reply... hmm....

Post by Treiemj2 Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:42 pm

ok I'd like to actually play online with u guys lol, I'm currently on CoD4 Treiemj2 (same as always) I'm on PS3, If any of u wanna play just let me know or contact me, and if that fails just list it on here and i'll add u to my friends list on PS3.
Treiemj2
Treiemj2

Back to top Go down

Post by redsmoke Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 am

members pages are up for all the games any time someone new signs up and fills in those boxes it auto updates Wink
more coming soon
redsmoke
redsmoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Satch Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:30 pm

redsmoke wrote:
Also any ideas are nice too the forum link on the home page thats not problem it'll be up before you guys even read this Laughing

Nice!! I like that the link on the main page doesn't open a new tab... that was a little annoying for me, not something I couldn't have lived with but I appreciate everything staying nice and neatly in this one little window of mine! Smile
Just Satch
Just Satch

Back to top Go down

Post by ejortten@gmail.com Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:10 pm

redsmoke wrote:your a graphic designer I love you ...

I'd love to help out with the site. I did get the message from 13th Warrior (through my fiance) about us helping you out. I have to tell you, though, I'm buried in schoolwork right now. I have some major projects to get together for clients, a portfolio to get together for review, a lesson to get together, a web page to create, an art show to submit to, and some printers to track down for quotes; all by next Monday! I'm all for lending a hand, but I'll need a few weeks for school/work to settle down a little.

Things are coming along great though!

ejortten@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redsmoke Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 am

thats fine I'm swamped too just got back from spring break and realized i got like shit loads of hw's due and test coming up so i might be laying low for a while myself
redsmoke
redsmoke

Back to top Go down

Site suggestion... Empty NEW UPDATE!

Post by redsmoke Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:41 pm

Just updated the members edit page i know its been a while since ive done anything been swamped with shit more coming soon
redsmoke
redsmoke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down